What do I do with features I have added?

Developer
Jul 22, 2008 at 10:41 PM
Hi,

I have added the following features
  • Arrow Key Navigation
  • Multi-select (ctl-click, shift-click)
  • SelectedItems collection
  • SeletionChanged event
  • DoubleClick event
  • Function to find the Next/Previous visible node
There are possibly a couple of breaking changes
  • NodeClick gets called on every click, not just on the initial click to select it
  • IndexOfNext/IndexOfPrevious - I added the else statement to handle if the node has no parent, then I search for the next/previous from the TreeView(Base)
I am new to CodePlex.  I am not sure how to get changes to you.

Thanks,
Richard
Coordinator
Jul 23, 2008 at 3:22 AM
Wow!

Good work! I've added you as a developr to this project - you can connect with your Visual Studio to Codeplex's team server, check out and check relevant files and submit your changes.
If you don't want iall this, just open new Issue and attack relevant files compressed to ZIP.

Thanks,
Alex
Developer
Jul 23, 2008 at 1:44 PM
Thanks, but you did the heavy lifting of getting it off the ground.  I have uploaded my changes to the server.  Everything I have added has a //RWB start and //RWB end surrounding it.

Let me know if I screwed anything up :)

Richard
Coordinator
Jul 23, 2008 at 6:05 PM
Thanks for sumission Richard. I'm sure everythiung is ok. ;)

Alex
Developer
Jul 28, 2008 at 9:48 PM
Hey Alex,

I am still learning the versioning stuff.  I updated my code to your latest.  When I tried to open the solution I got an error "The project 'TreeView' is under source control.  An error occurred registering this project with source control.  It is recommended that you not make any changes to this project.".  Then an error "One or more projects in this solution could not be loaded for the following reasons:  the application for the project is not installed.  These projects will be unavailable in Solution Explorer....".  The TreeView project is then unavailable.

I used the CodePlex Client to get the files the first time.  What are you using for source control now?  Or what did I screw up?

Thanks,
Richard
Coordinator
Jul 30, 2008 at 3:25 AM

Hi Richard,

I'm using VS2008 Team Edition, and connectiong to codeplex source control like to any other Team Server.
Then an error "One or more projects in this solution could not be loaded for the following reasons:  the application for the project is not installed." -> this means you dont' have Silverlight Add-In to VS2008... Did you installed VS2008 recently or tried to open the project from machine without Silverlight installation?
Regarding the source control you need to have "Team Explorer" add-on to visual studio to get access to source control from VS itself, and then add the server specified in sources under 'Visual Studio Team Explorer" tab to your Team Servers... Then you wil lbe able to open project FROM team server and not from your local file system.

Let me know if you have more questions,

Alex

Developer
Jul 31, 2008 at 3:05 PM
interesting...I have Silverlight tools for VS installed.  I will try and add the Team Explorer today.  Maybe that will help.

Richard
Coordinator
Aug 1, 2008 at 1:32 PM
Sure, let me know...